You can make this recipe ahead of time and warm up a few sticks for a quick breakfast on future days or make the whole batch as a family breakfast.
- 4 slices whole grain sandwich bread or sourdough
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cupKalona Supernatural egg nog
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut each bread slice in half horizontally.Then into thirds to create small sticks.
- Add the egg nog and egg to a wide,shallow bowl and mix together with a fork.
- Dip the bread sticks into the batter,let excess drip off,then place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.Flip over and bake for an additional 8-10 minutes.Serve warm with maple syrup,fresh fruit,or nut butter.Or try with Egg Nog Yogurt Dip!!
Egg Nog Yogurt Dip:Stir together 1/4 cup plain whole milk yogurt and 1-2 tablespoonsegg nog.Drizzle over warm French Toast or serve on the side as a dipping sauce.
To freeze:Let the French toast sticks cool and then place onto a baking sheet and freeze.When frozen,transfer to a freezer safe container.To reheat,microwave in 15 second increments until warmed through.
Or,store cooled sticks in the fridge in anairtight containerfor up to 3 days.